Saturday, February 20, 2016

DIY Terrarium (for free)


To be honest, it's kind of a funny story how I thought of this. I went to Dairy Queen for lunch and got the 5 buck lunch, which came with a sundae. What does this have to do with a terrarium? Well, when I finished my sundae, I noticed that the cup didn't have anything imprinted on it that had anything to do with DQ, so I figured it would be a great way to make a terrarium! Now, I know this actually isn't free because you obviously have to pay for the sundae, but if you want to go grab a sundae, make sure you keep the cup and it really is free!

As I mentioned, the first thing you need is a clear plastic cup, which I got from Dairy Queen.

Now, it's all up to you! You can do whatever design you want with different rocks and soil. I added some rocks in first, and then some soil, and then another layer of rocks, and another layer of soil. My biggest tip? GET CREATIVE! Smaller rocks work a lot better, so you can lay them flat and not as much dirt will fall in between the rocks. That was my first mistake, as you can probably tell, so keep that in mind!


When you're done adding the layers, you can add whatever you want to be on top! You can buy a succulent, but I just added some moss and other random plants around my yard. Baby pinecones would look good as well! This is the last step and you're done!
There is your cute little decoration FOR FREE. I hope you enjoyed the post, and have an awesome day!



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I think it would look lovely in a little garden pot or something too x

    emilymaltby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I thought it would too. :)

      Delete