Sunday, February 14, 2016

Maybelline Fit me Review















Let me start off by saying that the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte and Poreless has been my go-to foundation for about 7 months. I have always struggled to find a foundation that suits my oily skin. If you have oily skin, this foundation is AWESOME. I am in the shade 120- Classic Ivory. Although it is my favorite by far, there are some cons as well. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

  • Although the formula claims to be light-medium coverage, this is a very buildable foundation, so it can even be used as a medium-full coverage. The foundation builds without being cakey-with an exception that I will discuss in the cons.
  • I tested this foundation out when I first got it by wearing it for a full day. I had it on for about 11 hours at work, where I got hot and a little bit sweaty. I kept checking the mirror thinking it would look like an oily mess, which is what happens to me with other liquid foundations, but it wasn't. This foundation stays all day, and it only gets a little oily. Some days it gets more oily than others, because my face is more oily on some days than others, but overall, it keeps my skin looking matte.
  • This foundation is so easy to apply. I use a damp beauty blender, and it does not take much product. It blends out easily.
  • It's cheap! At Walmart, you can get it for $5.94, and it looks as good as the more expensive brands.

Cons:

  • The colors to choose from are not all that great. Most of the colors have either a strong pink or yellow tone at first, but after a few minutes, it evens out, so the color matches better than it did when you first put it on, so don't freak out! Even so, there still aren't many colors to choose from.
  • Like I mentioned earlier, the foundation builds without being cakey, with an exception. I started out using the foundation with a stipple brush, and it looked a little cakey. I started using a beauty blender, and it didn't look cakey anymore, but be aware of what you are using to apply the foundation and how it affects it.
The Maybelline Fit Me! Matte and Poreless is overall the best foundation I have ever tried. If you have oily skin, try it out!

I hope you enjoy the post, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment