Monday, March 28, 2016

Best Drugstore Eyeshadow Palette



Here lately, I have really been wanting an eyeshadow palette with more of a pink tint. I would love love love to get the Naked 3 palette by Urban Decay, but I really wanted to try something a little less expensive. I decided to try the Wet n' Wild Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette in Nude Awakening. The price was $5.99.

Let me just say, I was pretty worried about the pigmentation. Other times that I have tried drugstore eyeshadows, I had to keep putting it on and keep putting it on, and it still would not show up. This, however, has great pigmentation. This may be my new favorite palette. Here are the swatches of each eye shadow:
The lighter colors are hard to see because of my pale arm (sorry about that). However, when put on an actual eye shadow primer and next to a darker crease color, they show up very well on the lid. I washed my arm a couple of times and took a shower, and the four darkest colors WOULD NOT come off of my arm. That's how good it stayed on. My favorite color out of the whole palette is the mauve color. That's actually why I got it. Some of the colors are matte and some are shimmery. Most of the light colors are shimmery ones, and the darker ones are matte.

Now, onto the cons of this palette.

A couple of the colors were a little too orangey for me, and they washed me out; however, this does not mean it will be like that for everyone. Here is a close up of the colors:


I can say in all honesty, that the orangey colors was the only con about this palette, but it is not a con for everyone because warm colors suit other skin tones better than mine . Overall, I really think this palette is worth looking into it. I suggest you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment