Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Bad Branch Falls

On September 6, 2015, I took my first trip to Bad Branch Falls with my family. Although the water was pretty low so it wasn't much of a waterfall, it was still breathtakingly beautiful. The trip wasn't planned, so I wasn't dressed for the occasion. The hike was pretty difficult for me in several areas as it went uphill. Jeans and dress boots didn't help. I guess you could say I took the beauty of the hike for granted because all I could keep thinking was, "Are we there yet?" When we did reach the falls, we left just a few minutes after admiring it. I returned for my second trip on May 13, 2016 with my boyfriend and his friend. This time I was prepared. The hike is absolutely beautiful, but the best part was indeed the falls. We ended up staying an hour or so, just relaxing in hammocks. There had been a lot of rain lately, which meant Bad Branch Falls was more than just some water dripping off of a rock. The 1.2 mile hike was definitely worth the view. Here are some pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment