Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What I Eat in a Day: College Edition


It's so hard to eat healthy in college. Anyone who lives in a dorm probably knows that. My refrigerator is tiny. My freezer is less than one foot in width and length. I don't have a stove. Basically, I'm stuck with unhealthy processed food. However, I have been trying to find alternatives for the things like Ramen Noodles and Mac n' cheese that are just as easy to fix. I am showing you what I ate today in hopes that it will give you some idea as to what you can eat and still be healthy while living on campus.


Breakfast:


I have been eating 1 banana everyday for breakfast. I know a lot of people will say that is not enough, but when I eat a heavier breakfast, I feel sick for the rest of the morning. I also don't like actual breakfast foods: eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, oatmeal, etc., so I don't have many options. Some other foods that I have tried and loved are protein bars, as well as Fiber One bars shown above.


Lunch:



Today for lunch, I made a tuna salad sandwich. I often go back and forth between tuna and chicken. It's so easy and so delicious. I just mix up canned tuna (in water) or chicken with about a tablespoon of sweet relish and Greek yogurt (instead of mayo). I either put it on a whole wheat tortilla wrap or honey wheat bread; today I chose the latter. I usually eat this with an apple, baby carrot chips and ranch dressing, or baked potato chips.


Dinner:


For dinner, I bought some pulled grilled chicken. It is already cooked, so all you have to do is zap it in the microwave. The brand in the picture does not use antibiotics or growth hormone. I usually dip the grilled chicken in some honey mustard or ranch for some flavor and I heat up some canned veggies to go with it.


Snacks:


For snacks, I usually eat Fiber One brownies shown above, or the Fiber One bar I mentioned earlier.

That's everything I ate today! If you want to me compile a list of ideas for meals in college or just more What I Ate Today blogs comment down below!



No comments:

Post a Comment